We’re looking for a talented camera operator / cinematographer to join the Mallard Productions team full time.
We are after someone who is enthusiastic and dedicated to filming. This role would suit someone who is a passionate filmmaker and loves going that extra mile to get the best shot.
Responsibilities will include:
- Filming videos for the corporate, broadcast, sports, music and events sectors
- Conducting interviews with people on camera
- Deal with clients in a professional and polite manner
- Select the right equipment for different shoots
- Deal with rushes and maintaining the safe delivery of footage to the edit suite
- Take responsibility for projects and self produce when necessary, or work closely with a Project Manager/Director to achieve their vision
- Make executive decisions in collaboration with the Project Manager for lighting, sound, camera and lens selection
- Compose and frame shots and have a good understanding of camera settings, filters and codecs
- Maintain equipment and ensuring any broken items are sent away for repair
- On location editing and transfer of rushes
- Occasional post production duties, including editing and grading (this will be secondary to camera operation)
The successful applicant will need to be able to:
- Have a good understanding of different cameras and equipment
- Be able to use a variety of shooting styles. Experience working with steadicams, gimbals, sliders and large sensor cameras will be of benefit
- Hold a full UK Drivers license, or be in the process of obtaining a license
- Be able to work unpredictable hours, including evenings and weekends
- Happy to go the extra mile to get that beautiful shot
- Not mind travelling and staying on location during shoots that last multiple days
- Adapt shooting style to suit the project and work quickly when required
- Take their own initiative
- Experience working to tight deadlines and maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Understands latest filming techniques and equipment and has a passion for keeping up to date with latest releases
- Ability to take direction when required, whilst also working autonomously to self-direct and take ownership of a project where necessary
- Happy to communicate outside of work hours if shoot times change at the last minute
To apply please complete this form. If you have any questions please email email@example.com with the subject heading ‘MVP Camera Operator’. Salary will be based on experience. Please note we are only accepting applicants who currently reside in Scotland, and the job will primarily be based out of our offices in Glasgow.
UPDATE – The deadline for applications has been extended to the 31st March 2017.
Date January 2017
File under Corporate