We are looking for an enthusiastic animator to join the Mallard Productions team full time.
We are particularly interested in finding someone who is passionate about different types and styles of animation and enjoys working on both 2D and 3D projects. The role will be predominantly office based, but there is likely to be a period which will require working from home due to COVID-19 restrictions. All equipment will be provided.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Project Manager and Head of Post Production on concept and delivery, however they will be responsible for creating and sourcing all elements of the animation themselves. Although the main role will be to produce animations we are looking for someone who is also happy to work with the team to produce edits, illustrations and graphic designs from time to time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating ideas for visualising a script or treatment
- Producing storyboards and wireframes to illustrate an idea
- Create a mixture of 2D and 3D animation from concept to delivery
- Recommend and maintain hardware / software to enable you to continue to produce content efficiently
- Keeping project files organised and well maintained
- Producing edits, illustrations and graphics
The successful applicant will need:
- An advanced level of IT skills
- Good drawing/illustrating ability
- A good understanding of Adobe After Effects and similar programs
- A continual desire to improve
- Communicate effectively and clearly
- Take their own initiative
- Interpret feedback/direction accurately
- Good understanding of basic physics and their real world application for animation
- Have experience working to tight deadlines and maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Have a great work ethic
- Enjoy working in a passionate team and want to see the company grow
- Have a passion for keeping up to date with the latest industry trends
- Be able to adapt to a rapidly changing working environment
- Take direction when required, whilst also working autonomously to self-direct and take ownership of a project where necessary
Salary will be based on experience.
To apply please complete this form. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Mallard Productions Vacancy – Animation’. Please note we are only accepting applicants who currently reside in Scotland, and the job will primarily be based out of our offices in Glasgow.
The deadline for applications is June 12th but we are hoping to start conducting interviews prior to this date.
Date 29th May 2020